One of our favorite aspects of reading is that it can provide a mental break from the real world. Escaping into a different setting, whether that be to a location or decade gives your mind and body a chance to rest and reset from whatever you’re facing.
We first wrote this list in the spring of 2020 when we were all huddled in our homes. While we hope to never again be forced into a slower pace of life due to a global pandemic, we always welcome the opportunity to escape into a good book. The titles on this list are among our personal favorites that transport you to a different time and place.
Did we miss your favorite escape? Add it in the comments below so everyone can read it too!
More Book Recommendations You May Love
- Books Set in the 1880s and 1890s
- Books Set in South America
- Books that Span Multiple Decades
- Books Set in North America
- Books Set in the Middle East
- Books Set on a Form of Transportation
- Books Set in Asia: Northern Countries
- Books Set in the 1970s
- Books Set in Asia: Southern Countries
- Books Set in the 1960s
- Books Set in Australia and New Zealand
- Books Set in the 1950s
- Summertime Reads for Historical Fiction Fans
- Books Set in Eastern Europe & Russia
- Books Set in the 1940s